This gorgeous Historic Federal was built in 1860 for Anthony Stovall and sold to George Thomas Barnes in 1873. Fully rehabilitated in 2009 and converted to 6 apartments, the Stovall - Barnes house earned a Preservation Award with a Preservation Easement granted by Historic Augusta. This is urban living at it's finest. All apartments still hold the history of the original wide plank wooden floors, mantles and trim, while still offering modern conveniences of central heating and air, in unit laundry connections updated kitchens and bathrooms throughout. The main building houses four apartments with the small building in the rear of the property housing 2 more units. Off street parking with room to spare and secured by an electronic gate for residents easy access. Location, location, location! Only blocks from the Savannah river and the heart of downtown dining, shopping and entertainment. Perfect investment for anyone wanting to own a piece of Augusta history while generating income.
Listing courtesy of JIM HADDEN REAL ESTATE.